This Product required access code.
This product is currently sold out.
E-Z Mg™ is a plant-based, multiform magnesium (Mg) developed to support patients with inadequate dietary magnesium intake. Made from two key ingredients: Swiss chard (beet leaf) and buckwheat – both grown on our sustainable and certified organic farm in Wisconsin.
- Plant-based, naturally occurring multiform of magnesium
- Helps to bridge the gap in dietary magnesium intake*
- May promote whole-body and urine alkalization*
- Gluten-Free, Vegan, USDA Organic
- Excellent source of magnesium and vitamin K1*
What is the Benefit of Multiform Magnesium (Mg)?The best source of magnesium is naturally occurring and obtained from the diet. Various forms of magnesium make use of different uptake sites in the gut1 with 40% of magnesium absorption taking place throughout the intestines.2 Plant-based magnesium, like that found in E-Z Mg™, is considered ideal as it consists of a collection of various magnesium forms (i.e., multiform). Since plant-based magnesium contains multiple forms, it helps take the guesswork out of which kind of magnesium to take. The plant-based, multiform magnesium in E-Z Mg™ may be absorbed by the body the way nature intended. The naturally occurring multiform magnesium in E-Z Mg™ is not expected to contribute to gastrointestinal side effects that are common in other forms of magnesium supplements. Also, recent findings show our plant-based magnesium exhibits significantly higher levels of ionized magnesium in cerebrospinal fluid after only 14 days after administration.†
Why is There a Gap in Dietary Magnesium Intake?The Standard American Diet (SAD) is high in processed foods and carbohydrates, low in vitamins and minerals. This inadequate daily intake of plant materials helps contribute to magnesium deficiency.3 Data also suggests that produce - especially vegetables - has experienced a decline in mineral content over the last century.4
Key IngredientsE-Z Mg™ consists of extracts of two key ingredients: organic dried Swiss chard (beet leaf) juice and organic dried buckwheat (aerial parts) juice delivering 85mg of elemental magnesium. The PRAL value in each serving is estimated at -8.9mEq which may help promote urine and whole-body alkalization.
- Schuette, S. A. L. M., Bret A.; Janhorbani PhD, Morteza, Bioavailability of Magnesium Diglycinate vs Magnesium Oxide in Patients with Ileal Resection Journal of Parenternal and Enteral Nutrition 1994, 18 (5).
- McCarthy, J. T. K., R., Divalent Cation Metabolism. 2004; Vol. 1, p 4.
- Rosanoff, A., Changing crop magnesium concentrations: impact on human health. Plant and Soil 2013, 368 (1-2), 139-153.
- Davis, D. R., Declining Fruit and Vegetable Nutrient Composition: What is the Evidence?. HortScience 2009, 44 (1).
† Data on file