5 NUTRITIONIST APPROVED SUPER BOWL SNACKS
Five Healthy Super Bowl Snacks 2022
Let’s be honest, the best part of super bowl sunday is the snacks (or maybe we’re biased?). Either way, whether you’re finishing up your January detox program or sticking with your new years resolution, eating healthy on Super Bowl Sunday isn’t always easy…
Below we’ve compiled a perfect list of healthy super bowl recipes (the kind that doesn’t feel tooooo healthy).
- Pizza Bites. You heard it here first. Our nutritionist found a grain free, organic alternative to the classic cheese pizza bites you throw in the oven. I mean would you look at those ingredients?! If you can’t find these in a store near you, we recommend making grain free flat breads using Siete Cassava Tortillas with tomato sauce, raw cheese, and toppings of your choice. Just bake at 375 until the cheese is bubbling! You can also check out our vegan grain free pizza tutorial here.
- Greek Yogurt Dip. Super bowl dips are a must-have! Substituting greek yogurt for cream cheese or sour cream not only offers additional health benefits (such as probiotics) but it also adds a delicious tang. We love simply organic dip mixes, they’re extremely simple and easy to come by at your local grocery store. Just mix with yogurt, refrigerate, and serve!
- Homemade Pico De Gallo. Don’t underestimate this one. There’s really nothing like the fresh taste of a homemade Pico De Gallo. Just add Siete Cassava Tortilla chips and your guests won’t stay away.
- Vegetarian Chili. Chili is always a crowd pleaser on game day. But how about Chili with chocolate as a special ingredient? This is one of our nutritionists favorite recipes by Anne Bancroft.
- Roasted Beet Hummus. Don’t be scared of beets! They are loaded with health benefits ranging from potential anti-cancer properties to improving digestive health to decreasing elevated blood pressure. Beet hummus comes out to be a beautiful pink color with a delicious lemon garlic taste.
We hope you enjoy these healthy super bowl recipes/ideas. Here’s to a great Sunday afternoon full of friends, food, and super bowl commercials!
Looking for a little more guidance? Our team of expert nutritionists would be happy to help. Please call us at (617)-328-6300 to schedule an online or in person nutrition consultation.